Thursday, February 28, 2008

Everyone loves a winner no matter what

Dateline - Thursday, February 28, 2008

Inside a huge, plush, elegantly designed and appointed office with a lit fireplace on the grounds of Bradley University -

The Players:


Bradley Athletic Director Ken Kavanagh


Bradley Basketball Head Coach Jim Les

(Huge mahogany doors open)

Ken Kavanagh: Jim, is that you? Come on in old chap!
Jim Les: Thank you, Ken. You sent for me?
Ken: Yes, yes I did. Wanted to talk about the program.
Jim: I know we are 17 - 13, but I have a feeling we might be a bubble team for the NCAA Tournament.
Ken: I know! If we could just get past pesky Creighton.
Jim: Exactly. It's an away game so we will need a lot of fan support. You know we don't travel well.
Ken: You'll need more than fan support! You'll need a miracle to beat them on their home court!
Jim: Well sir, I don't want to go that far. I have some good plans that may fluster Creighton's motion screens and...
Ken: Stop with the horseshit.
Jim: Sir?
Ken: Reinstate the batterer point guard.
Jim: But sir! Daniel was arrested for popping his girl in the mouth! His bail was set at $3,000!
Ken: And he's also our leading scorer. And we've been losing games without him. *rubs temples in frustration* Jim, let me try to make this simple for you. You like coaching this team, right?
Jim: Yes sir.
Ken: And you want to coach NEXT year, right?
Jim: Ummmm, yes sir.
Ken: Am I making myself clear?
Jim (with defeat in his voice): Yes sir. I'll give Ruffin a call.
Ken: Good. Now go.



0 comments: