Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blasphemous analysis

Came across this article about San Diego State's basketball team from the SD Union-Tribune. Led me to have a couple of thoughts. Walk with me, will ya?

Contrary to popular belief, Chicken Little has not secured a courtside seat at San Diego State's Cox Arena. There are no pieces of the sky to flee; there is no perceptible panic in the streets. Brandon Heath and Mohamed Abukar have left the building. Life goes on.



I'm firmly in the Chicken Little camp (without courtside seat). I mean shit, we lose the 4 players that got us to the NCAA and NIT tournaments and we are NOT suppose to worry? Sorry, I can't hop on board that President Bush mentality of going shopping to support our "war on terror". I feel like a proud alumnus by being concerned!

"We need to go out... and keep Coach (Steve) Fisher happy."
- Lorrenzo Wade


Fuck Fisher, keep US happy!!! In the end, WE hold the power over the coach's job!

San Diego State's men's basketball team, though not unarmed, opens practice Friday lacking a substantial amount of firepower from 2006-07...

That just says it all, don't it?

"It's been a long two years," (Marquette transfer Ryan) Amoroso said. "At this point, I just can't wait to get after it..."

Great. Our highly touted transfer has been benchwarming for 730 days. I'll be right back. Gotta book those first round tixs right now...

From the San Diego blogosphere comes two comments:

"Their non-conference schedule is so weak it's almost a joke. That is likely going to hurt them in conference."

"Are Arizona and Cal road games considered weak? I agree with Navy and Sam Houston but the Pac-10's should help the RPI."


I agree with the second comment (although there is some truth in the first). I even said as much. But after reading the article and really thinking about what we have that can stack up against Cal, Arizona or even BYU....

(pause)

I'm going to my happy cave I'm going to my happy cave I'm going to my happy cave...

With fingers crossed and breath held, GO AZTECS!



0 comments: