Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday Randoms...

Hey, just because Tennessee's Duke Crews is indefinitely suspended don't count the Vols out yet.

"We're all disappointed," head coach Bruce Pearl told The Tennessean on Sunday. "Duke's gotta surround himself with better people and make better decision. The consequences are pretty severe."

Why am I wincing when coach Pearl is taking the moral high ground... Hey coach, it's just a little POT! Not like he dumped his wife for a shot at freshly divorced Pat Summitt...

Did I just type that? Apologies. Yeah.


Marriage, like a national championship can be very fleeting...

Anyhoo, he goes on to talk about how transfers Tyler Smith and J.P. Prince (cousin of Tayshaun Prince) will fill Crews' void. Smith was a power at Iowa. I think these two will give Tennessee a frontcourt boost, but I still think there will be a drop off in production by the absence of Crews. SEC Hoops feels that Crews will be back by the first game.

Vegas odds on the 2008 National Championship are out and UNC has the worst odds of +500 with a gang load of teams getting the best odds of +20000 (including SDSU of course). Maybe the blogpoll should be based on Vegas odds...

Not like I'm encouraging betting. Oh who am I kidding, if I'm in Vegas during the season I'll lay down a couple of bones.



0 comments: