Monday, October 8, 2007

The next OJ Mayo

Have you heard of Erik Murphy? He's some 16 year old snot nosed kid from New England. And he rules the recruiting landscape right now.

I mean we are talking private jets flying in to see an invitation only game featuring the kid. Billy Donovan, Roy Williams, Ben Howland, Skinner, Paul Hewitt, Tom Crean, John Beilein, Tim Welsh and Dave Leitao were all there. I think every school in the blogpoll was represented! If your team is in a rebuilding mode for the next couple of seasons, you need this kid. In a big way.

"I've never been at anything like this," said Crean, one of eight coaches who already have offered scholarships to Murphy.

Indeed.

"I try to stay humble," Murphy said. "I'm just glad I have the opportunity."

And I give it one year before that's over and he's demanding Elite Model Management talent to make Mickie D runs for him.


With extra cheese, bitches!

All kidding aside, this is just nuts. The only basketball player I can truly say was worth all the hype was UNC's Michael Jordan. We treat these kids like they're gods and then we wonder why they crash and burn. Kinda sad really.



0 comments: