Friday, April 11, 2008

We have a heartbeat

The original title of this post was going to be "Radio Silence".

You see, one of my favorite radio talk show hosts, Randi Rhodes was suspended a couple of weeks ago. Why? She called Hillary Clinton a fucking whore. I'm not gonna get into the particulars about how I feel about that, but needless to say it left a huge void in my day. My daily radio schedule has always been:

7 am to 9 am - NPR
9 am to Noon - NPR / Thom Hartmann (I alternate depending on what Thom is talking about)
Noon to 3 pm - Randi Rhodes
3 pm to 5 pm - Rachel Maddow
5 pm to 8 pm - Fox News Radio (whatever I can catch from Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly)

Randi was the anchor, man. Then this morning I find out that Randi has quit! Now I'm spinning. What the hell will I listen to in that Noon to 3 pm spot?

Finally I hear that Ms. Rhodes will start broadcasting on The Nova M Radio Network starting Monday, April 14th. Ok. Does this Nova M have live streaming? Yes. Yes it does, citizen. And we have a heartbeat.


Welcome back.



0 comments: