Friday, May 2, 2008

Ritalin is easy, ritalin is good...

Indiana's Crean evokes temper tantrum in player, has to call police and the AD to calm him down.

Freshman center Eli Holman... (told) coaches he intended to transfer before apparently throwing a tantrum in their office that required a call to the campus police.

"His behavior took me, along with the other people in the office, by surprise," Crean said in a statement released by the university. "We saw him as a danger to himself and wanted to take precautionary measures to help him. We felt bad for Eli and, hopefully, were able to help him."

Athletic director Rick Greenspan took Holman into his office for about an hour as officers waited outside, and Holman left calmly without speaking to police, Minger said.


Our inside sources got the "official" dirt on what went down -

(knock at Coach Crean's office door)
Crean: Come in.
Holman: Hi coach, can I talk to you for a sec?
Cream: Sure thing. Would you like a pepper mint?
Holman: No thank you coach. So I was thinking of...
Crean: How about some chewing gum?
Holman: No thanks, coach. Look, I feel I need to take a...
Crean: Some water then?
Holman: No.
Crean: Soda?
Holman: No coach! Thanks. I want to transfer...
Crean: Blow?
Holman: WHAT?!
Crean: Blow pop? They are quite tasty.
Holman: No! I want to transfer! I want to get out of here! I feel like I'm on a sinking ship!!!
(silence)
Crean: Ok. Happy trails.
Holman: You're not mad?
Crean: Nope.
Holman: Why not?
Crean: Frankly? You suck.
(silence)



*tantrum ensues*

Happy Friday.

UPDATE: Holman to Crean: "I'm sorry..."



0 comments: