Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fast times at USC

Scene:
Florence, South Carolina

Players:
Former Gamecocks b-ball player Carlos Powell
Current Gamecocks forward and cousin of Mr. Powell, Sam Muldrow

On a balmy Saturday night two men are talking next to a Caprice -


Nice!

Powell: "Yo cuz, I need to head across town but I'm so fucked up right now. (takes swig of high end vodka straight from the bottle) I don't want to drive drunk, can you take me?"
Muldrow: "Ummmm, ok but... I only have my learner's permit."
Powell: "That's ok man, the fuzz won't mind. I got my license. I'll be like your instructor, ok?"
Muldrow: "Ummmm, ok..."
Powell: Cool... Lemme grab my gun, this half full bottle of Grey Goose and some of this chronic and let's ride. Make sure to crank that music up too so all eyes will be on us.

(Powell walks around to the passenger side and notices that the taillights are out. Takes another swig and hops in.)

Powell: "Giddy up!"

According to an incident report, a Florence police officer stopped Muldrow and Powell after hearing loud music coming from their car and noticing the taillights were not illuminated on Powell’s Chevrolet Caprice.

Powell, 24, was arrested around 8 p.m. Saturday and released shortly before noon Sunday, according to the sheriff’s department’s Web site.

Muldrow, 19, who was driving on a beginner’s permit, was issued a warning for the defective taillights.


Next up, not as "glamorous" but just as stupid as a directional Missouri player gets suspended for impersonating a dope man.

Lance Sullivan, a (Northwest Missouri State) Bearcats junior point guard, was arrested on Friday on suspicion of distributing a controlled substance to a minor. The charge is a Class B Felony, which carries a punishment of no less than five years and no more than 15 years in jail.

Eazy-E would not be impressed, kiddo.



0 comments: