Friday, November 2, 2007

Must see TV?

The SportingNews lists their "can't miss" games of the upcoming season. Let's take a look, shall we?

Arizona at Kansas on Nov. 25

Sure, I can miss that one! Kansas just has too much firepower on the perimeter. That game is gonna be lights out for the Wildcats. You heard it here first.

Gonzaga at Connecticut on Dec. 1

Only a can't miss game if both are up there in the rankings. The Zags can be inconsistent while Connecticut doesn't seem to get hot until January. Plus the Huskies fans don't seem to care that much about basketball at the moment. Can't really make a prediction on that one yet. You heard it here first.

Speaking of the Zags, here's an oldie but goodie...


North Carolina at Kentucky on Dec. 1

Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky. Outside of my fascination with their cheerleaders, I need to see what Billy Gillispie does. If I need to pick now, I would say UNC in a close game with that senior leadership they have. You heard it here first.

Southern California vs. Memphis on Dec. 4

What, are you kidding me? O.J. Mayo against Derrick Rose, Robert Dozier and Chance McGrady? The Tigers slap the Trojans around like the bitches they are. You heard it here first.

Georgetown at Memphis on Dec. 22.

Now THIS is a can't miss game! Finesse (Memphis) against power (Georgetown). Memphis can't afford to get into a paint battle with Roy Hibbert and Georgetown can't afford to get into a sharp shooting battle with the Tigers. I honestly can't pick this one, but I will be glued to the TV and possibly liveblogging (I found this really cool tool that allows me to do it very easily). You heard it here first.

Happy Friday to ya!



0 comments: