Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Keep hope alive!

[Ed. note: Post was delayed because of possible "terror" alert alarm here in the building I work in downtown LA]

"You did not vote for failure."
- Pres. George W. Bush

First in the queue:

The NCAA is starting to look at academics for Division 1-A basketball teams. Now I do like this on the surface. Look, these kids are getting a free ride and all they have to do is play basketball and go to class? Then at the end of 3-4 years they get a degree? Give ME a deal like that as I look at my student loan bill.

The part that makes me chuckle is NOW they find it important to look at and institute the APR (academic progress report) for basketball. Call me cynical but was it OK for low grad rates a year ago (or longer)? And do I think this will help? Fuck no, just like schools came up with easy or fake classes to help their star players pass, they'll find a way around this shit.

Next, I think there is still a little itty bitty tiny bitterness from Kansas State fans after Bob Huggins pumped and dumped them after one season...


We are in HELL!!!

Oh, and here is a bonus Wednesday Moment of Zen for ya courtesy of Lindsay Lohan. Safe for work unless your co-workers hate Ms. Lohan and her covered, bouncing mammary glands.



0 comments: