Friday, October 24, 2008

Lute Olson is a spaz

Well, lets see here...

First the Arizona head coach quits on his team to get a divorce. Then he fires his interim coach for failing to live up to his expectations while he is on leave getting a divorce. Then he comes back with a soon to be NEW wife.

Now he quits on the Wildcats again...

Arizona basketball players filed out of their new practice facility Thursday night with a look of bewilderment.

Their coach, Lute Olson, had just announced his retirement while they were in practice — less than a month before their first regular-season game.


Sakes alive these kids deserved better than this guy. Can you sense the W - T - F in their words?

"I don't know (anything)," forward-center Jordan Hill said before UA began practice.

"I haven't played for him, so I can't talk about him," said sophomore Jamelle Horne, who played under interim coach Kevin O'Neill last season. "But I still don't know what's going on."

"I hope he's all right," said David Bagga, a UA senior walk- on. "I'm still kind of lost with what's going on. I hope he is OK..."


Now the parents!

(Freshman Jeff) Withey's mom, Debbie, said she was a bit upset she had to hear the news of Olson's resignation...

"I just got done crying to my husband," she said Thursday. "I feel totally stupid that (being a top 30 recruit) that we stuck it out. And we're the stupid ones. We listened to people."

Added the mother: "I felt betrayed..."


Lute, you'll burn in hell for this.


That's right baby...

UPDATE: Olson had a stroke, so he stepped down. Lo siento, Lute.
(HT: Rush the Court)

In other less dramatic news, Ohio U forward Maurice Pearson has been suspended for shooting sorority chicks on campus with an Airsoft gun. We'll just leave that with no comment. Happy Friday.
(HT: NCAA BB FanHouse)



0 comments: